Friday, November 28, 2014

'la douleur exquise.

And, I try to touch her but she fades away. I try to catch her but she is fast. So i give up, just so that she stays, unreachable yet near. And I look at her.

I am looking at a girl who wants me to be a kid again, right now. I am looking at a girl who is a miraculously fabulous creation of God. I am looking at a girl who makes me forget the need to blink. I am looking at a girl whose eye winks, involuntarily, as she graces me with her laugh. I am looking at a girl whose hair is neatly tugged into a band and yet two strands escape and make it, to fall on her cheeks. I am looking at a girl whose fragrance is spread around, in the winds, like somebody left a botlle of perfume open. I am looking at a girl whose eyes speak a thousand words as she blinks, each time. I am looking at a girl, to describe whom, I must be equal to a thousand Shakespeares. I am looking at a girl whose smile seems to be the only thing I’d ask for as my last wish. I am looking at a girl who makes me believe, in nature, in beauty and in love. I am looking at a girl who would be the only one, I’ll go in my knees for. I am looking at a girl who is the only one I’d want to grow old with. I am looking at a girl who is as pure as the color white, simply untouched, even by light that glows on it. I am looking at a girl who makes it hard for me just to stand there, as a hundred thoughts of feeling her presence for real, creeps into my mind. I slide closer to touch her, trying to be as soft as i can. I strech my hand.

And she moves away. She's faster. She chooses to remain out of reach but still cast a spell, a charm that makes my heart beat like it was never this alive before. I guess this is what they call 'falling' for someone. Someone who is out of your reach, unattainable, and still there is a stubborn wish, to pursue. 'la douleur exquise.
- Azad Hussain @ smokeofsuplur.blogspot.in

2 comments: